German Terminology Study Centre
Kaļķu iela 1, Room 404, LV-1658 Riga
Opening hours: Mo- Fr, 10.00-17.00
(in summer: only by previous agreement)
Any questions? Ask us:
The centre offers specialist literature and dictionaries focusing on the German language, German as a foreign language and in particular specialist literature in the fields of German technical terminology.Everbody interested in the German language is welcome here. The use of our media is for free. The Centre has place to work. For watching DVD and listening to audio material a TV set respective audio equipment is available. For efficient working with the literature a computer is available and it is possible to copy or scan text passages. Lending is possible by arrangement with staff of Baltic-German University Liaison Office.
Our stock contains:
- literature about technical terminology in medicine, law, economy and engineering
- monolingual German dictionaries and lexika
- German-Latvian dictionaries
- German specialised dictionaries
- German textbooks, in particular in order to expand language skills in special field (banking, economy, vocational communication, hotel industry, agriculture, medicine…)
- literature on culture and history, especially of the Baltic States and on German-Baltic relations. Also a few novels and biographies are available that deal with the Baltics.
- travel literature about Germany and the Baltic States and Country studies
- Humanities (linguistics, computer linguistics, literature, philosophie, music, art)
- Psychologie, pedagogics
The German Terminology Centre was opened April 22, 2010. The foundation of the German Terminology Centre was supported with the means of the Rotary Club Bochum-Rechen, Rotary International and the Rotary Clubs Riga Hansa.