Internship at the Baltic-German University Liaison Office
The Baltic-German University Liaison Office offers young people an opportunity to attend an internship for min. 2 months.
Possible tasks are:
- Supporting in the organizing and implementation process of different scientific events
- Public Relations
- Drafting of the monthly newsletter
- Supporting in writing e-mails
- Translation of texts in different languages (according to language knowledge)
- Taking care of the homepage
- Supporting in accounting
- Supporting in various administrative work (writing the annual report, etc.)
- Supporting in the organization of the project competition (checking project applications, project reports and preparing agreements, etc.)
- Very good knowledge of English language
- Knowledge of German, Latvian and/or Estonian or rather Lithuanian is not obligatory, but advantageous
- Knowledge of MS-Office
- Interest in the Baltic States and the Baltic-German cooperation
- Open-mindedness and team spirit
Students of all subjects as well as trainees in administrative sectors can apply for an internship.
- Pleasant work climate in a young, motivated team
- The possibility to improve language skills in German and Latvian language
- An insight in a multilateral organization, which makes an effort in intercultural exchange and scientific cooperation between the Baltic States and Germany
- Support in finding an accommodation
Unfortunately the Office can't pay any salary to trainees. But interested persons can, e.g., apply for scholarships (ERASMUS Student etc.).
Further information about the organization of an internship as well as about Latvia you can find on a webpage of the German Academic Exchange Service.